New Year's Resolutions

I know what you're thinking. New Year's resolutions are dumb and no one sticks to them. While this may be true for the majority of the population, I think there's something so inspiring behind the idea of starting off fresh each year and bettering ourselves in some way. I think everyone is capable of accomplishing their goals, but there needs to be a drawn-out path on how they will be accomplished. We hear all the time, "I want to lose weight this year," That's great. But how are you going to do that? Are you going to meal plan? Prep all your snacks? Do you have a specific workout plan in mind? Saying you're going to do something with no idea how to get there is just setting yourself up for failure. Two years ago I decided to run a race a month for the year, and I did it (I know I discussed this in a previous post). It was time consuming to put so much effort into that, but it was worth it. Last year I wanted to gain more muscle mass, which I did by incorporating weightlifting into my workout routine. My 2016 goals include...

- Completing my spring semester with a 4.0. I'm finishing out my prerequisites before *hopefully* getting into the PTA program in the fall. I lost my 4.0 last semester after making a B in chemistry, but I'm hopeful that with lots of studying, I'll be able to make all A's in my classes this year. I think I can, I think I can. Positive thinking, right??

- Receiving my Personal Training certificate. I've been teaching TRX classes for the last few months and I LOVE it. I love helping people reach their fitness and health goals, and I feel like I will be able to help myself and others more efficiently if I am more knowledgeable about specific movements and how they affect the body. I plan on starting this with ISSA (online) in May and finishing before the start of the fall semester.

Helen thinks everyone should do TRX! 


I like to spice things up! Kickboxing/TRX merger. So fun!


Even my husband and kids support my class. ;)

TRX is AWESOME for your core!


- Getting my body fat percentage down to 18-20%. I plan on doing this by cleaning up my diet and meal planning, preparing snacks for when I'm on-the-go, weekly cleanses and smoothies from Isagenix, and continuing my exercise regimen of crossfit, TRX, running, and yoga. (Got some yummy, healthy snack suggestions?? I'd love to hear them!)

I don't like posting these, but I'm doing it for accountability purposes! Start of my Isabody challenge. 25% body fat



- Learn to relax. For some reason I've always felt like I need to be doing something all the time. But I've noticed that when I'm constantly doing something, I often have stress and anxiety. I have less patience with my kids and am exhausted all the time. This fall we had an activity going on almost every single night and I hated it. I wanted my kids to be involved in things, but they were always tired from school and it was miserable for everyone. We talked to the kids about it and decided that instead of doing some sort of sport/activity this year, we will save the money we would've spent on that and go do something fun of their choosing once a month. Movie, putt putt, bouncy houses, whatever... So in 2016 I'm going to learn to just find joy in the quiet moments with my family.






What are your goals in 2016? How are you going to get there? I'd love to hear them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Crazy Coop

Breed Spotlight: Silver-Laced Wyandotte

Unique Experiences - Europe & UK Edition