What Do You Want to Be?

Every few months or so I ask the kids to tell me about their favorite things and biggest interests. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" has always been my favorite question to ask because I love to hear them describe their dreams, especially Big. When he was two he was crazy about trains, so naturally, he wanted to be a "train driver." Everything he wanted revolved around trains and I'm pretty sure he owns every Thomas train out there. 


The train phase lasted until he was about 3.5 and then he decided he would rather be Peter Pan. Naturally, we all had to dress up in Peter Pan/Tinkerbell attire. Don't worry, we only did this on Halloween. 

Since then he's wanted to be a Superhero, an astronaut, a knight, a dentist, and his latest... "someone who cuts people's hair." Wish granted, kiddo. 





While Big may not grow up to be a train conductor, or Peter Pan, or a barber... and Hadley may not grow up to be the caterpillar she aspires to be, I hope they know that they can accomplish pretty much anything they want to do. They are strong enough, and smart enough, and wonderful enough to do great things in this world. We all are. 

- Morgan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Crazy Coop

Breed Spotlight: Silver-Laced Wyandotte

Unique Experiences - Europe & UK Edition