Murphy's Law

I'm sure you've heard about Murphy's Law. You know the one... anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. It may be a pessimistic view on things, but Murphy never seems to fail me when my husband is traveling for work. Here's what has happened in a span of two weeks...

Big came down with periorbital cellulitis. The doctor told me it needed to be closely monitored, because there was a possibility he could either lose an eye, or it could travel to his brain. Last time he was gone for work, he got salmonella.


This tree fell down in my yard after a heavy rain storm.


I backed my car into a skinny metal pole that was not visible in my rearview mirror.


My upstairs AC went out. And yes, the whole unit needs to be replaced.


And I'm pretty sure I just heard Sasha (my Russian Orloff) try to crow.


I have been feeling like a rubber band and Murphy is stretching me a little farther every day to see how long it will take before I snap. I'm not going to lie, I don't do well when I have to play single parent. It takes me a while before I adjust and feel like I'm not going to lose my mind. Add these gifts from Murphy on top of balancing rambunctious kids, and you're sure to get a pity party from me. I know what some of you are thinking... these are small problems. There are people all over the world who are living in poverty, are being persecuted because of their beliefs, etc. I understand that my problems are nothing compared to those. But it's also okay for me to feel down about my current situation. I'm not a robot, and being emotional is normal. But I also know that while it's okay to be down, it's also important not to stay there. So, what do you do when Murphy keeps kicking you down?


You cry when you need to. And you let your kids give you a hug to make you feel better.

You never stop praying or trusting that God is taking care of you.

You let your friends lift you up (and bring you gifts of coffee, chocolate, and wine) and are grateful for having so many there for you.

You run, and play, and watch in amazement as you realize your babies are growing up faster than you expected.


You appreciate the simple joys in life... like fresh eggs and hummingbirds flying by your kitchen window.


 And you cut up the freakin' tree.


Life is full of ups and downs. So during the times when Murphy is repeatedly kicking you in the pants, remember that little blessings are still everywhere you go. You just have to keep your eyes open to see them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Crazy Coop

Breed Spotlight: Silver-Laced Wyandotte

Unique Experiences - Europe & UK Edition