My Crazy Coop

"I think I'll write a blog!" Easy first words, followed by not having a clue on how to start. I decided to start a blog because I want to talk about my crazy life with family and chickens without feeling bad about putting it all over social media. I've been a wife for 7 years, mom for 5 years, and chicken owner for 3 months. I'm hoping to write about our new experiences as chicken owners and what all is involved in chick/en ownership, as well as including fun stories about my family.

So what's first??? Introductions!



This is me! Other than hanging out with my family and obsessing over chickens, I'm a God-loving, clarinet playing, exercise crazy, and volunteer of too many things. I'm also in school...again... (30 is the new 18, apparently) and struggling with what I'm really being called to do.


This is my husband, Aaron. Poor guy is constantly making/fixing things for me. This was his project this past weekend: repairing our old playground. I knew it was only a matter of time before the thing collapsed on my kiddos. Most of the things for my chickens (as well as the rest of the house) will be made by him. So blessed to be married to a handy guy!


This is Big, my 5-year-old. I didn't ask him to pose this way... he's just that sweet. 


This is Pea, my 2-year-old. She is trouble and a half. 


This is Daisy, my 7-year-old chihuahua. Poor thing didn't have a grey hair on her head until we had kids. I think she's always stressed out. (She's eating a stick in this picture, btw.)


This is Dolly, my 13-week-old Plymouth Barred Rock. She's the leader of the chickens and is probably my favorite of the moment. She's always the first to greet me in the mornings (in hopes of treats!)


This is Amelia, my 12-week-old Silver-Laced Wyandotte. She's super curious and loves to explore everything.


This is Rosa, my 13-week-old Black Sexlink. Her breed is a cross between a Rhode Island Red rooster and Plymouth Barred Rock hen. They are able to be accurately sexed at birth from their markings. She was the only one I knew was a pullet (young female) from the start! 


This is Helen, my 12-week-old Buff Orphington mix. I have no idea what she's crossed with, but the yellow legs are a giveaway that she's not purebred. 


This is Florence, my 2ish-week-old Welsummer. I'm pretty sure she's older than 2 weeks because she has lots of feathers already. She's the favorite of my kids.


This is Eleanor, my 2-week-old Brown Leghorn. I asked for a different chicken breed at the store (one that was supposed to be HUGE with feathered feet) and they gave me the wrong thing. But she's so cute that I couldn't return her. She will be my smallest of the group.


So that's my crew! Next time I'll show you my chick brooder and discuss raising baby chicks. So much fun!

- Morgan





Comments

  1. Love the blog already! Can't wait to expand my chicken knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. My husband has been itching to get chickens for a while, Maybe we'll do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love, love, love them! They are so much fun! Let me know if you have any questions!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breed Spotlight: Silver-Laced Wyandotte

Unique Experiences - Europe & UK Edition